In just about 5 minutes you can find your perfect canine match. That’s the promise behind PawsLikeMe’s pet matching service that hooks up owners with rescue pups in local shelters. The online “dating experience for dog adoptions” has received plenty of positive press with people calling the quiz “bizarrely accurate” and the “eHarmony” for pets.
And They Call It Puppy Love
Here’s how the popular service works to help humans find their perfect animal companion.
- You take a personality quiz that helps PawsLikeMe isolate exactly the type of pet you’re looking for.
- Once completed, you’re directly connected to an agency to finalize your dog’s adoption.
How easy is that? The quiz itself has 4 main canine character traits: energy, confidence, focus, and independence. Looking for a spirited puppy? Or do you prefer a mature couch potato? The PawsLikeMe quiz is calibrated to find you the perfect four-legged mate.
There are about 40 questions in the longer version of the quiz designed to learn more about you and the type of dog you’re looking for. Sample questions include:
- Would you best describe yourself as more caring or logical?
- Are you impatient or easy going?
- Will your dog be at home for over 6 hours a day?
Don’t have time to answer 40 questions? There’s a 4-question quiz that gets right to the point. Once you’re finished, you list your current location and the site generates what it deems to be ideal matches, arranged by compatibility.
Founder Elizabeth Holmes has said she was inspired to create the quiz after running a pet rescue group for several years. She says the feedback has been extremely positive on the dog matching system, with people loving their perfect furry companion.
Advantages of Adopting a Rescue Dog
Did you know that each year almost 6.5 million animals end up in shelters? Or that only 3.2 million of them are adopted by year’s end? And, sadly, 1.5 million are euthanized. The good news is the numbers have actually declined due to public education on the benefits of rescuing dogs (and cats) from shelters.
Organizations like the Humane Society of the United States see adopting as not just the right thing to do, but as its own reward. Doing good by our four-legged friends means you get to:
- Save a life by making a loving dog a part of your family.
- Give a second chance to a healthy animal that might have been sheltered because of a human move or divorce.
- Invest your money in an organization that’s committed to helping animals, not just breeding them. You can also save because the first vaccinations, spay/neuter, and sometimes even micro chipping are included in your adoption price.
You also get to humble brag about adopting by posting social media pics of you and your new dog or pup!
More Than Changing a Dog’s Life
Yes, you help your adopted pet find love and happiness in a new home, but when you’re matched with the perfect dog, you’ll find your own life transformed as well. In the 4 years that PawsLikeMe has been sending human/dog couples on their first date, it has helped over a half million pet lovers find their new best friend.
Whether you’re looking for an athletic hiking companion or a snuggle-on-the-couch movie night buddy, the “eHarmony” of dog finding can help you find life-long love in just a few short minutes!